Here are some of the things that you should be looking for before you hire any contractor for a remodel or update to any part of your home.
- Ask for proof of insurance. Contractors should carry personal liability, workers’ compensation and property damage coverage.
- Check the company’s track record with the BBB.
- Consult with your local building department to find out local licensing requirements (they vary by state and municipality). Ask to see the contractor’s license and make sure it’s current.
- Ask for a list of references, and call at least three. Find out what projects the contractor has completed in the last year and see if you can get pictures or other updates from them to see what sort of work that they do.
- If hiring a general contractor, find out what subcontractors they will hire. Do some research to make sure they have a solid reputation with the BBB.
- Interview more than one contractor for the job and ask for written proposals/estimates so that you can compare and contrast the possibilities.
Are you looking for someone to take care of your plumbing in Little Rock, Arkansas? Our company deals with plumbing repair, plumbing emergencies, and a wide variety of other plumbing issues. So, the next time you need any sort of repair, from water pipe repair to hot water heater replacement, give us a call and we’ll help you out.