Your garbage disposal is a big part of your life, and you want to make sure that it works as well as possible. Be careful what you put down your kitchen disposal after your cookout. Here are some hints that you can utilize in order to keep your disposal working as you want it to.
- Most garbage disposals are not equipped to handle cornhusks, celery, banana peels and other fibrous or “stringy” foods. They will get stuck really easily.
- Some other items to stay away from are fats or cooking oils because they form clogs in the pipes.
- Run cold water at full pressure for 15 seconds before and after you put anything down the disposal to flush it through.
- Never put instant stuffing, potato mixes or similar “just-add-water” foods down the drain—they’ll create an instant clog when you add water.
- Pasta, rice and eggshells should also be avoided.
Are you looking for someone that can do plumbing for remodeling or new construction? Or do you need someone that can take care of a plumbing emergency or plumbing repair? Our professionals take care of plumbing in Little Rock, Arkansas, and can help you with whatever you may need to do.