There are a lot of things that you can do to make sure that your kitchen sink doesn’t clog up. Here are some tips that you can try out.
- Don’t pour grease down the kitchen sink.
- Don’t wash coffee grounds down the sink. Throw them out.
- Be sparing with chemical cleaners, particularly if you have brass, steel, or cast-iron traps and drainpipes; some caustic chemicals can corrode metal pipes.
- If used no more than once every few months, cleaners containing sodium hydroxide or sodium nitrate can be safe and effective.
- Clean floor drain strainers. Some tubs, showers, and basement floor drains have strainers that are screwed into the drain opening. You can easily remove these strainers and reach down into the drain with a bent wire to clear out accumulated debris. And be sure to scrub the strainer.
Are you looking for someone to take care of your plumbing in Little Rock, Arkansas? Our company deals with plumbing repair, plumbing emergencies, and a wide variety of other plumbing issues. So, the next time you need any sort of repair, from water pipe repair to hot water heater replacement, give us a call and we’ll help you out.